Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get into these periods where I don't want to do any dog related things. Usually it's just a day or two. But I could use a push!

I'm open to any suggestions or challenges on what to work on. Preferably indoors. It would inspire me to actually grab my dogs (who are chilling nicely at the moment) and my camera and do some things with them! I'm happy to post videos too.

Whatcha got?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've been on that group for quite a while before I left (without any fuss). I really liked what it used to be, which is tricks oriented. It has shifted to be a lot of 'general training' and I see more posts dissolve into debates about tools and methods than actual challenges or complex training goals. It just wasn't my cup of tea anymore. But I do agree that there are plenty of talented trainers on that group and there is a lot of good knowledge at times.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions :) I have a list of 70 behaviors/cues I'm working on so I have no excuse! In fact, after I posted this thread last night I told myself to get off my butt and we trained for an hour. He was done after that!

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that challenge a lot. I just demoed my older dog in a beginner class today and had him do behaviors on just hand signals, and then I turned my back and had him do behaviors on just verbal.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's really cool!! Thanks! I wish I was better at coding in excel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts