Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Memphis our Golden Doodle! *With Updated Pics May 22, 2009*

Hi all,

I recently joined these forums because we have a new member to our family, and I love reading all the helpful advice. Before I moved out with my girlfriend, we had a Sheppard mix Rotweiller. Before my girlfriend moved out with me, she had a Golden Retriever. We both love dogs and wanted one in our life, so we decided on a Golden Doodle puppy (Mother is a Standard Poodle, Father is a Golden Retriever).

Here is a few shots of our Memphis!

Posing Oh-so-Handsome.

Wanting to Play.

His Puppy Feet.

He's tired.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
very cute. i used to have a golden retriever in the 90's. very cute! and welcome!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Such a little love!! Goldens and Poodles (Standards) are my two favorite breeds... obviously they make for gorgeous offspring! :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
What a beautiful puppy and I love the name you picked out. They look great in a full long coat but like already mentioned it takes a lot of grooming!

If you plan on having her groomed regularly it's a good idea to start early. It's much easier for the groomer to correct behaviors when they are babies compared to when they are much larger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very cute. i used to have a golden retriever in the 90's. very cute! and welcome!
Thanks! Golden Retrievers are awesome!

Very cute pup!
Thanks!

Such a little love!! Goldens and Poodles (Standards) are my two favorite breeds... obviously they make for gorgeous offspring! :)
They do, they are so cute and loving.

What a cutie! Molly is the same mix. As you can see by my avatar, I keep her coat long and shaggy. Lots and lots of grooming.
Yeah, Molly is cute! We're going to keep him short at first, and see how it goes.

What a beautiful puppy and I love the name you picked out. They look great in a full long coat but like already mentioned it takes a lot of grooming!

If you plan on having her groomed regularly it's a good idea to start early. It's much easier for the groomer to correct behaviors when they are babies compared to when they are much larger.
How early? He's 8 weeks now... and he's pretty furry. It's also cold outside... does that matter?

aww...sweet looking little guy

My father has a Lab/poodle mix...she is super sweet and they keep her in a short cut ...I think they are cute with puppy cuts :D
Our breeder had some labradoodles as well, they were adorable.

Ok, you live where cuz I'm gonna find you and steal Memphis! JK Too cute and can't wait to see more pictures as he grows up.

Ok, you're safe...too far for me to come get him. He is very cute.
Haha... I think 2,400KM is far enough away that I won't store him away ;)

Cuteness overload! CONGRATULATIONS!! Memphis is a doll :)
He is a sweetie... sometimes, as always he's still a pup and he's a challenge.

Oh teh cuteness!
teh cute! We love him.

I looooooooove puppy paws.
Very cute pics.
Me too, they are so soft and warm!

Thanks guys! My girlfriend took some more pics tonight, I'll get them up soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I very much want to set up something adorable for some photo's of him. I'll let you guys know what I come up with, with more photo's of course!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
2,400 KM is how many miles, because I need to get my road map out to plan my trip to steal that baby! He is a cutie that's for sure. But you are in luck, I prefer my little mutts to your big dawg. But you gotta keep those pictures coming. DF members are quite insistent about puppies and growing up stuff. Good luck with him.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You'd want to wait until you have completed the rounds of puppy shots before going to a groomer but as soon as you have it's never too early for at least a bath/brush and a puppy trim just to get them used to the idea.

I have photos on my camera of a young doodle puppy i did recently. I'll post it in this thread when I find it.

Edit:

Found em'!

Before and after

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You'd want to wait until you have completed the rounds of puppy shots before going to a groomer but as soon as you have it's never too early for at least a bath/brush and a puppy trim just to get them used to the idea.

I have photos on my camera of a young doodle puppy i did recently. I'll post it in this thread when I find it.

Edit:

Found em'!

Before and after

Very cute! Is it me, or does every Doodle I see, look very very similiar? I guess as this guy grows older he'll be more different...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts