Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
So I'm probably crazy, but I'm considering another family member. Actually I think it's a really good time, I just hear my mom's voice telling me I'm crazy lol.

A few weeks ago, I contacted Sybbie's breeder and asked her if she had any adults available. We just went through the puppy thing with Maple and while it is tempting, I had such a good experience adopting Sybbie at 3 yo (a finished conformation dog who didn't want to breed), that I wanted to do it again. The breeder didn't have anyone suitable, but she gave me another kennel to call that she recommended. This breeder has a 4 yo male WOLF SABLE available! I know looks aren't what should be at the top of my list but wolf sables are my dream colour. She says he is used to big dogs, small dogs, loves children (we don't have any but wouldn't want him barking at any) and is athletic and agile. He is house-raised and house trained (not that that's a deal breaker for me) and would just require neutering.

I just have this feeling that THIS IS MY DOG. I know it's wrong to have thoughts like that before even meeting the dog and having him meet our dogs, but do you ever just KNOW?

So I need a bit of a reality check. His age is a bit of a concern. Sybbie just turned 6. He is 4. I didn't want my dogs close together in age because I've done that before and lost them close together.

Maple can be wild when she meets someone who could be a new playmate. This guy, currently called Rooty, is TINY. 4 lbs. he could get hurt. We're planning on introducing them on neutral ground on leash but then what?

I'm trying hard to think of other potential problems, but honestly I can't think of any. I guess that is enough.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Sometimes you just know. Or sometimes we get too excited.. but hopefully that isn't that case!

Good luck and I hope everything works out. New dogs are always exciting. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunday is getting closer and I still feel so sure that this is a good time. We just need to keep the Poms safe if Maple gets overexcited. I guess you never really know how the household dynamic will change when adding a new dog but I, as someone who worries about EVERYTHING, feels it can be handled. So excited!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts