Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The ASPCA developed this 'meet a match' system to match potential adopters with a type of dog that matches their personality.

I was wondering, because most of us here already have a dog: what is the result when you take the 'meet a match' survey and does it match up with your dog?

Here is the test: Meet a Match dog survey

Here are the 'Canine-alities': Meet canine-alities

So I took the test, and I got Orange! Which means:
Orange adopters are a good fit with middle-of-the-road dogs who are responsive and enjoy regular activity and interaction.

However, from reading the dog personalities (canine-alities, haha) I've deduced that Mike's personality is a green Life of the Party, so that doesn't really match up. :p I have to admit, the 'constantly on your toes' thing does get old after a while, so the test got that one right.

What are your results, and do they match up with your dogs?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
i got green, which matches my dogs and my likes perfectly

·
Registered
334 Posts
I also got orange. But I don't know if my dogs are orange. I'll have to read up.....

(Lotus is pretty orange in color, but I'm not sure about personality... ;) )

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got Orange and my newest dog is probably an Orange (Busy Bee). So yup, we match up! Sophie, however, would be a Purple (Constant Companion).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got purple. Fits Topper's personality to a "T", not so much Tana, but that's ok. :)

Purple traits:

Couch Potato

Like the easy life? Then I’m the perfect match for you. I’m a relaxed, laid-back kind of dog who enjoys long naps, watching movies, curling up on laps, and walking very short distances from the couch to the food bowl and back. (Internally motivated)

Constant Companion

Looking for an emotionally secure, mutually satisfying, low maintenance relationship? I am all you need. Let me sit at your feet, walk by your side, and I’ll be your devoted companion forever. (Socially motivated)

Teacher’s Pet

I’ve got the whole package — smart, fuzzy, four legs, love to learn and live to please. Go ahead, teach me anything. Sit, stay, balance your checkbook, I can do it all. Keep me entertained and I’ll be yours forever. (Externally motivated)

All 3 traits are soooooo Topper!

Tana is definitely a green personality! Green traits:
Life of the Party

I think everything is fun, interesting and meant for play, especially you. Anything you do, I’ll want to do too. With my own brand of surprises, life with me will keep you constantly on your toes, and the fun is guaranteed. (Socially motivated)

Go-Getter

Want to get more exercise? Action is my middle name. My “Let’s GO!” lifestyle will keep you motivated to get outside and move. I’ve got tons of energy; and just like the sun, I’m burning and working 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I’ll run for miles, chase a ball for hours, and still want to play at the end of the day. (Externally motivated)

Free Spirit

Intelligent, independent, confident and clever, I prefer making my own decisions but will listen to you if you make a good case. We’re partners in this adventure. Treat me like one and we’ll both live happily ever after. (Internally motivated)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I am an orange, one of my dogs is orange the other two are free spirit green, as I figured they would be.... it works cause we make it work...

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
This has been around for years. That's how my shelter adopted dogs out 6 years ago. I got Orange and Nubs was an Orange it really was the perfect fit. Peanut is green but t's ok, I don't mind one bit.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm orange.......Caeda is Definitely Green, the "Free Spirit". Meh, IMO, we match up in reality much better than the quiz would suggest :)

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I got orange. My dog is more purple (constant companion). I answered based on what I was looking for when I adopted. He really does have traits across a lot of the colors. I would prefer if he were less wary around strangers and large, strange dogs, but I think he's a really good fit into our household.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I got green:

Green adopters are most successful with pooches who like to be physically and mentally engaged.

I like socially motivated and playful, but I don't want high energy. My dogs suit me perfectly, they are velcro dogs who are always ready to go when I want to do stuff, but placid enough that they just snooze when there's nothing happening.

Looks like orange would suit me better. No, actually a combination of orange and purple would suit me better. There's not really any of the green traits that suit me.

Green traits:

Life of the Party

I think everything is fun, interesting and meant for play, especially you. Anything you do, I’ll want to do too. With my own brand of surprises, life with me will keep you constantly on your toes, and the fun is guaranteed. (Socially motivated)

Go-Getter

Want to get more exercise? Action is my middle name. My “Let’s GO!” lifestyle will keep you motivated to get outside and move. I’ve got tons of energy; and just like the sun, I’m burning and working 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I’ll run for miles, chase a ball for hours, and still want to play at the end of the day. (Externally motivated)

Free Spirit

Intelligent, independent, confident and clever, I prefer making my own decisions but will listen to you if you make a good case. We’re partners in this adventure. Treat me like one and we’ll both live happily ever after. (Internally motivated)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm purple-which suits me pretty well.

Couch Potato

Like the easy life? Then I’m the perfect match for you. I’m a relaxed, laid-back kind of dog who enjoys long naps, watching movies, curling up on laps, and walking very short distances from the couch to the food bowl and back. (Internally motivated)

Constant Companion

Looking for an emotionally secure, mutually satisfying, low maintenance relationship? I am all you need. Let me sit at your feet, walk by your side, and I’ll be your devoted companion forever. (Socially motivated)

Teacher’s Pet

I’ve got the whole package — smart, fuzzy, four legs, love to learn and live to please. Go ahead, teach me anything. Sit, stay, balance your checkbook, I can do it all. Keep me entertained and I’ll be yours forever. (Externally motivated)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Orange, fits ammy to a tee!

Goofball

I’m a fun-loving, happy-all-the-time, glass-is-half-full kind of dog looking for someone who loves to laugh and play around. Must have a great sense of humor and some time to spend with me. I’m a dog on a mission to please you. (Socially motivated)

she's so goofy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts