Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just got Savannah today! She's a beautiful dog (purebred collie), and we love her so much! Other than being afraid of my dad (see my post on the General forums), she's fitting in great! She's about 2 years old, and we found her on Petfinder. She just got home about 5 hours ago, and has been playing, licking our faces, exploring the house, and interacting with our other dog, who loves her already, just like us. Anyway, here she is! I hope you like the pictures! We're so excited to have her home...

She slept for almost the whole car ride home--3 1/2 hours!

(continuing in next post)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

^ Savannah with Meg, our other dog.

^ This is how she lies down!

Anyway, she needs a good bath (she just got spayed, so we have to wait to bathe her), some love, and a little bit of food to get her weight up, but other than that, I think she's pawsitively beautiful. A perfect addition to our family. We're all very excited!

All done with pics for now, but if I get some more tomorrow, I may add them!! I hope you liked the pictures!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!! :) We actually weren't even planning to get another dog until we saw her on Petfinder.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
She's beautiful...both of them are. I think rescue dogs are the best...you don't always know what you are getting, but the loves seems to be so much more...I know, I know..I projecting human emotions to a dog, but it's what I feel. Like they are so greatful that you made them a part of your life. :eek: Although Roxxy does make it difficult at times...like during a thunder storm...;)

Thank you!! :) We actually weren't even planning to get another dog until we saw her on Petfinder.
This is EXACTLY the reason why I don't go on PetFinder...:D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
She is a beauty! I have a Savannah also! She is also a collie.

Her full name is Docksides Hurricane Savannah. If you look closely you may be able to see the little horns behind her ears lol.

Congratulations on your new girl.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alphadoginthehouse: You're right. This is the first rescue dog we've ever gotten--our other one is from a breeder, as we couldn't find any nearby purebred rescue collies--and she does seem appreciative of EVERYTHING! She loves to be touched and enjoys attention so much! I love both of our dogs equally, but our collie from a breeder, Meg, sometimes takes all of the attention for granted. She has always been spoiled. :D

We made a vow not to check Petfinder anymore. xD Two dogs and two cats are enough pets for our family! We love all four of our pets very much (even Savannah, already!), but five pets would start to get a little difficult for us to manage.

Agility collie mom: Aww, your Savannah is very beautiful too! It's so funny to find another collie named Savannah! I love the merle on your collie, too. So cool! Your Savannah reminds me of our Meg, except without the merle coloring. Savannah is such a pretty name, too! Our Savannah came with that name, and we decided to keep it.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, everyone! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! :) We gave her a bath & took some more pictures...I hope to upload them soon! She looks so much whiter, and certainly smells better! :eek:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
She's beautiful. Thank you for rescuing her.

I love the pink spot on her nose. Toby and his siblings all have that. I think it's adorable.

Congrats to you.

·
Banned
749 Posts
She's beautiful...both of them are. I think rescue dogs are the best...you don't always know what you are getting, but the loves seems to be so much more...I know, I know..I projecting human emotions to a dog, but it's what I feel. Like they are so greatful that you made them a part of your life. :eek: Although Roxxy does make it difficult at times...like during a thunder storm...;)

This is EXACTLY the reason why I don't go on PetFinder...:D
That is the reason I do not go on CL much. If I adopt another dog besides Lola I would lose my dog walker. Being that he does not charge to walk her I can't argue.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Oh how sweet! She looks so happy to have found herself a family with siblings and everything. God bless you for saving this girl, she is a beauty. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Aw! I just saw this post 'cause I haven't been around the forums for a while. Savannah is just lovely! My husband and I have applied with a local collie rescue, and I can't wait until we find the right match. Congrats on your wonderful new furbaby!

·
Registered
640 Posts
She is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts