Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited! I just got back from the pound about an hour ago with a one year old beagle boy!

I was supposed to take 2, but one was out on the mobile bus to try to get him adopted. This boy was in kennel cough iso, but he hasn't coughed ONCE since I brought him home. I think when they walked him they were just hearing his reverse sneeze. I wouldnt doubt a misdiagnosis. So he ended up on the e-list and I just took him in to foster him for the rescue I volunteer with. As we speak he is laying next to me. Chance brought him all his favorite toys and Kody is not speaking to me. Bailey.... well I dont know if that lazy dog even notices a difference! So without further a due- here is J.D! (Oh.. its supposed to be like JD from scrubs, but it secretly stands for Jenns Dog!)

So I will either have him a couple days, weeks, months... who knows. But I dont care how long he stays, I already love him!

He is very attached to me, he already turned my laptop off twice trying to wiggle into my lap! Hes just so much fun!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I think that boy has already possibly found his new home...lol ;)

He's VERY handsome! :D

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Enjoy your "foster" (*coughhopeyoukeephimcough*) ;)

He's a gorgeous boy, what a smile on that face!

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know people say this all the time, but I honestly cannot keep him. Hes still a puppy and Im finally doing well with my crew, I dont want to upset the balance permanently. He is a bundle of energy, like any beagle puppy is.

We have started on NILIF. We have started on having him sit and stay before I hand him his food. Hes doing really well.

He WILL find a forever home though, lol

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pfffttt...if you say so...:p ;)
haha there is a pool going on at my sister in laws house. You might wanna get in on that, the betting started at $100 I believe.

I agree with Mdawn...time will tell :rolleyes:
mmhmm you too ;)

He's so cute! He's only a puppy? He looks the size of an adult Beagle.
He is a little under a year old. He is the size of an adult beagle, but you can very much tell he is still a puppy.

He looks like such a sweet boy! I especially like the first and fourth photos.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is JD doing now? Everything went fine post-neuter, I take it? How's he coping with the loss? :p
haha yeah everything went great! Hes such a character! He knows how to manipulate his way into whatever he wants lol. He LOVESSSSSS the dog park, and he has met so many dogs. Never a growl out of him. Loves kids, loves people, loves dogs. Just a love bug. I cannot BELIEVE they were going to euthanize him.

By the way- turns out he did not have kennel cough to begin with. So his whole reason for being put on the E-List is invalid.

I plan on uploading some pictures tonight. Im going out so it wont be till a little later, but I'll start a thread with new pics!

Thanks for asking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts