Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone :)

Just though I'd upload some pictures of my main man, Guinness. He'll be 12 yrs old in May and I've owned him nearly 6 years. He has shown in the hunter ring his whole 'career' and dominates the hack classes (not to brag! lol). I put up some pictures from last summer, his show name is Twist of Fate. On Sunday I moved him to a new facility, so I also included some pictures of him meeting his new pasture buddies. We'll be taking dressage lessons starting in March, so I'm excited about our new adventure together!

Guinness trotting in one of the hack divisions.

Jumping

Jumping again

...more coming...

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
Oooh, he's so handsome! I competed in hunter/jumping for a bit, at least until I ran out of money, lol. I loved it though, would love to do it again some day.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks for sharing those great pics! Your horse is just too beautiful and he has such a beautiful coat. Just seeing those pics make me wish for my own horse more than ever. I'm totally horse-crazy but sadly don't own a horse:(. You are sooooo lucky to own one (and such a handsome one too). Me is just too jealous!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aw :) Thanks guys for the kind words! Obviously in my eyes he's the cutest horse out there, but it's nice when other people say it so I dont feel crazy ;)

KumasMom - I totally get what your saying with the money aspect, competing and horses in general aren't cheap! lol I work my butt off in order to show and stuff.

Blizzard - Have you considered leasing or part-boarding? If you dont have the time or money to own a horse, those are great ways to be involved but not invest every aspect of yourself into it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
He's a cutie! I don't envy you the grey coat though! (I had a black and white [heavy on the white] Paint filly... Oh dear. She found every single poo pile to lay in!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ShaunisMom - LOL it appears I am cursed for life with greys! I was showing my coach's horse last summer, and he was even more white than Guinness. Their both really bad too! I'd have to bath them the night before, and usually the morning of as well, not fun!...But in the end, I think its worth it because I think greys always stand out in a sea of bay hunters lol

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
He is gorgeous! Love the pictures.

I think you'll like dressage. It's not quite as exciting as jumping, but it can be just as challenging. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well.

You need to post more pictures of him.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous!! If he goes missing, don't look here:D

I agree with the greys. As of now, I own all bays(how did that happen?:eek:). However, the mare we raised from a foal was grey, and I will say...it is an absolutely gorgeous color when clean(about 2% of the time right before they hit the show ring),but so not fun when they find a mud pit!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took some more pictures yesterday, enjoy :)

Getting ready to go for a ride.

Cute shot in the arena.

Side shot. Excuse the cut on his neck, he got bit by another horse. Its healing well though!

...more coming...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was warm yesterday so the snow started melting off the roof, "whats that noise"?!

After our ride.

He turns his head and makes faces when he wants treats! lol

Thats all for now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts