Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucy is supposed to be a Jack/Parson Russel Terrier.

Lucy has found her forever home with me.

She is about 5 years old or so and was left abandoned by her people when they moved to starve ... She had been left behind for a few months and had also caused a pretty serious car accident to boot ... She needs some dental work, her flea allergy to heal, some good food and some love. I can not for the life of me understand how people can be so cruel ... and I guess I never will.

She has no more worries ahead of her now. I told the adoption center girls my story and that I wanted to rescue her in memory of Leeo ... and as you can see ... her name also starts with the letter " L " :) Leeo would be proud. :) Leeo can never be replaced ... but I can still love another.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is a pretty girl, hope she settles in ok, and she likes your other dogs, and they like her too.
So far all of them seem to not mind each other ... but as I know ... food aggression could be an issue especially after being starved. All meals will be fed in separate rooms. :) None of them seem to be aggressive towards each other so far. Months down the road will tell the truth I am sure ... as this is all strange right now for Lucy. Not to mention the poor old girl got spayed for the second time. :/

·
Registered
24 Posts
She is adorable. They always say that the best way to recover from loss is to get a puppy. I know she's not a puppy, but that face can melt anyone's heart.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the votes of confidence everyone! :) Lucy has growled a couple of times at the other two ... but she is new and scared ... and if she did try to bite ... it wouldn't do her much justice ... she is missing quite a few teeth! including her one bottom incisor .. Poor girl. :) She must have had a really bad life before and not to mention a pretty bad diet for years. I think she will be having to have some more tooth extractions ...and will probably need a soft diet for life. :(

It is all good ... she has a good home now. :)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
She looks sweet, congratulations!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Best, BEST of luck with her!! :) She is adorable and I can't wait to see her pictures after she settles in too. :)
Thank you! .. everyone! ... I hope she will have many many more years of good health and happiness ... at least ten more years would suit me just fine! :)

I have a wellness check set up for her tomorrow at noon .. she may have a touch of kennel cough? ... a little backwards and forwards sneezing going on there. It is no wonder though ... running free for three months and starving to death ... also being kenneled in a huge facility for over a week. :(

That particular center has 9 pages of adoptable dogs right now listed on the web.

My other dogs are pretty healthy ... so hoping they stay well if it is kennel cough. From what I understand it just has to run its course anyways unless it becomes severe and causes bad lung congestion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a wellness check set up for her tomorrow at noon .. she may have a touch of kennel cough? ... a little backwards and forwards sneezing going on there. It is no wonder though ... running free for three months and starving to death ... also being kenneled in a huge facility for over a week. :(
My friend recently adopted a dog that had been in a kennel for TWO YEARS!! Our puppy was in the pound for a few months when we got here. But I'm pretty sure all kennels here are no-kill. They just don't take in more dogs unless they can.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My friend recently adopted a dog that had been in a kennel for TWO YEARS!! Our puppy was in the pound for a few months when we got here. But I'm pretty sure all kennels here are no-kill. They just don't take in more dogs unless they can.
That is a very very long time to be in a shelter ... poor dog! I am so glad he/she was finally rescued! Congrats to your friend! :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I missed this thread yesterday, so when I saw your post for a Toothless diet I immediately went searching to see what I had missed. She is an absolute sweetheart! Such sweet soulful eyes. I'm so happy for both of you. Best of luck.

·
Registered
705 Posts
She is gorgeous. I'm so glad you adopted her and are giving her a well deserved home! She looks a little frightened by everything but I'm sure in a couple of weeks you will have your hands full with the JRT crazies!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is gorgeous. I'm so glad you adopted her and are giving her a well deserved home! She looks a little frightened by everything but I'm sure in a couple of weeks you will have your hands full with the JRT crazies!
I am actually hoping for the crazies ... that is exactly what was missing around here for the last couple of months .. :) The house has been tooooo quiet! Abbylynn and Blu Boy are too calm. :/

I am so used to Leeo and his Terrier/Schnauzer attitude! I miss that very much! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts