Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much irritation over the puppy we were going to get from another breeder (we asked about health testing, etc, and apparently offended her, resulting in her ignoring any attempts of contact from us), we found another breeder and went today to pick out a puppy!

There were four puppies in this litter - all males. Two black and white, two brown and white. We narrowed it down (after MUCH deliberation) to this boy:

He's a toy poodle. Mom is 8lbs, dad is 6lbs. She's anticipating him to be around mom's size, so around 8lbs or so. It's a bit bigger than I wanted, but I just fell in love with him! He was actually largest of the litter! xD

We'll go to pick him up February 10th if all goes well! I'm hoping to use this as an update thread once we get him for pictures/stories, etc. ^_^

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats on the pup, I love the black and white curls :). I see you are a rattie lover too. We have two, a boy and a girl, Emma and Eeyore (rescued about a year ago).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's great to see a fellow rat lover! The signature is from 2008 - the rats pictured have both passed away. I do currently have 2 rats, however, named Basil and Gideon. ^_^ I really need to make a new signature!

·
Registered
252 Posts
He's adorable!

Good for you for supporting a reputable breeder! :)

Its a joy having a well socialized, healthy puppy in your home. :)

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-SOCUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ilovepoodles.Alwayshave.Alwayswill.
Annddd, while the subject of rats is up, Yay! more rat people!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awww *tear* I miss my rats :( They are such amazing pets! I had 2 beige females - Toby and Topher. I know, those are boy names, but I loved them hehe
Cute puppy, congrats! I bet you cannot wait til Friday :D And good on you for supporting a reputable breeder! I wouldn't even have bothered chasing after the first one if they got offended by you asking if they do health testing, what the heck?? That right there screams BYB.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm seriously *dying* waiting for Friday! Monday-Thursdays are killer busy for me (procrastinating writing a 5 paper paper as we speak!) so It's sort of going fast. I'll get him at either 12pm or 1pm Friday - so it's less than 2 days now. ^_^

Updated the signature so it shows Atticus and the current rattie boys. We also have ferrets and hamsters, along with our other dogs and cats. No way they'd all fit on there, though. LOL

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
So cute. Poodles are my top favourite breed. I love the look of a clean face and feet (clean face is great since you wont have all kinds of junk stuck in his beard. Help keep his breath and teeth good too with out all the junk stuck) I love that she groomed him, he is a step up then alot of puppies at his age for grooming needs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've got him! ^_^

It's the three day mark and things are going really well! He's eating like a champ and loves the new food. I've been mixing old and new to wean him onto it but he pretty much leaves the old food and eats the new stuff. LOL.

He's a super smart dog. He has not messed at all in the house or the crate - he lets us know when he has to go out. We've been taking him every 2-3 hours or so, but he did make it though the nights with no problem.

He also follows when you walk, which is hilarious. He's very good at listening and obeying already - which is awesome.

His major problems are crying when he's crated (only to be expected) - the Kong is helping a bit. The other thing (which surprised me) is humping. I know it's a dominance thing and we're working on letting him know we're boss. I also plan to get his neutered ASAP (6 months, as per the vet recommendation). Biting is another thing we're working on. He's biting anything and everything at this point. I could really use suggestions on how to let him know biting us/other stuff is a no-no. When we were training our ferret, scruffing did the trick. xD I don't think that's appropriate here, though?

Pics to come later today, hopefully.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
He is SO cute! What a sweet curly puffball! Congrats on insisting on an ethical breeder, btw. You'll reap the rewards in the years to come.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
He is absolutely adorable! I love his markings! His face is soooo sweet! :) I don't know how I missed this thread ......

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I have just one word. JEALOUS!!! He is so cute. I was expecting to see a brute of a pup because of the name and here was this cute adorable little fluff ball.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts