Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread I intend to keep updated pretty regularly, dedicated to my foster dog Gotty, and my own dog, Meeko, who came home New Year's Eve :)

Gotty is very leash reactive towards dogs, so it took several days to properly introduce her and Meeko. We still have to keep an eye on them when they're together, though, because Gotty can sometimes get too rough when she's playing, and Meeko is only 7 lbs. They're doing wonderfully together though! Meeko loves pawing at Gotty's face while Gotty opens her mouth wide like an alligator and makes grunting noises lol!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pictures!

Meeko gets along with pretty much everyone :D

This is him hanging out with my cat:

Aaaaand everyone is asleep at the moment (hallelujah!), so I can finally hear myself think ;)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone ^_^ LeRoux (orange cat) and Meeko get along very well. Cha Cha (the black cat) and Meeko is another story... lol. Cha Cha is very calm and well behaved, so Meeko's bounciness annoys him and Meeko often gets too rowdy and will get a smack in the face lol! Besides that, everyone gets along perfectly :)

Any guess on whether Meeko is a pure pom or a mix? I feel like he's just one of those "badly bred" poms since he came from a mill situation, but others have said he looks like a pom-chi cross or a pom x min pin??

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks everyone ^_^ LeRoux (orange cat) and Meeko get along very well. Cha Cha (the black cat) and Meeko is another story... lol. Cha Cha is very calm and well behaved, so Meeko's bounciness annoys him and Meeko often gets too rowdy and will get a smack in the face lol! Besides that, everyone gets along perfectly :)

Any guess on whether Meeko is a pure pom or a mix? I feel like he's just one of those "badly bred" poms since he came from a mill situation, but others have said he looks like a pom-chi cross or a pom x min pin??
He looks pure Pom to me.. It's probably his markings that make people think Min Pin or Chi. Most non-pom people I have met often think they only come in Red/Orange or Pure Black... They don't realize the breed can come in a variety of colors and patterns..

Here is a link to a Standard Color Chart: http://hearttoheartpoms.com/COLORPAGE.html
AKC Accepted colors: http://www.akc.org/breeds/pomeranian/color_markings.cfm

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've had so many people trying to "guess" his breed. Sometimes I feel like he looks like he could be part schipperke or something but we definitely don't have enough of those around here to even consider him being that sort of a mix. He doesn't really seem to have the pom personality either, though. He's super hyper, but that's about it in terms of pom personality.

It's really funny watching him and my foster dog play, just because she is quite literally 5 times his size :) Gotty will open her mouth like an alligator grunting and "growling" while Meeko paws at her face and sticks his whole face (quite literally!!) into her mouth lol! They also "steal" toys from each other where when one leaves their toy, the other will go straight for it, meanwhile, the other dog will go for the toy that was abandoned during this mad dash for the toy lol. Today Meeko claimed Gotty's elk antler, despite having his own smaller antler for himself in his crate.

He also does this really cute thing where he will take all of his toys once he's done playing, and put them all in his crate ^_^

Here's a photo of him enjoying Gotty's elk antler :)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a note, Gotty is a girl!!! A lot of people think Miss Gott Gott is a boy, and I think it upsets her a little ;) haha
She's such a sweet girl, unfortunately I don't think she will be finding a home any time soon since she has quite a few issues :| She's probably the foster we've had the longest. We've had her since October... so I guess it hasn't been THAT long, but most of our fosters left within 1 or 2 months. We usually take in pits because they're the hardest to home in this area :(

Anyway, I was trying to study today, and Meeko kept insisting on going on my laptop. I soon discovered it was because he wanted to steal my highlighters...

Caught in the act #1

Caught in the act #2

He's a naughty boy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts