Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Heather and am new to this forum :D My family has always had dogs, but I've never had a dog who was all mine. My fiance and I had been planning to get a dog after we got married, but he broke up with me yesterday. The only thing I could think of when he did that was to get a dog. I didn't want to rush into things, so I researchd the shelters, etc. and headed out today. I didn't think I'd get to take one home, but I got to! I filled out the paperwork and played with him while they approved it. He's a four year old shelter dog who has pretty much been there for most of his life. They THINK he's a sharpei/lab/collie/something(s) else, but I don't care because he is the sweetest thing ever, and is integrating very well into our house (we have a cat and dog). I'm so excited and I already have a friend. He falls asleep on my leg contantly! We went on a two mile walk with my lab tonight and he's pooped but so happy! Just wanted to introduce myself and Roscoe!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Welcome Heather and Roscoe! I can definitely see the SharPei and Lab, maybe there is some hound in there too due to the black ticking he has on his legs and nose. No matter what he is a cutie and seems to have found himself in a great home :)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And thanks for doing such a great thing for this boy. It's wonderful that he will finally have a shot at a real life. He looks like such a sweetheart.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) God bless you for rescuing that lovely boy. He sure is a handsome fella Can't wait to hear more stories about him.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi & Congrats on Roscoe --- he is a great looking dog!...and so lucky that you rescued him!:)

I'm sorry for your boyfriend loss....:(.....talk to Roscoe...dogs are great listeners!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts