Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Maui had four little boys. They all look like the bulldog Dad and are just beautiful. She didn't have any trouble at all and the pups were quite big. They are 4 weeks old and have roles (very pudgy) They are sooo cute. Her first litter and she is an excellent Mom. I am very proud of her.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I am glad your dog survived the pregnancy. Congrats on the puppies, but please ensure that she doesn't have any more accidental litters. You may want to consider spaying her.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Her first litter and she is an excellent Mom. I am very proud of her.
By your previous posts it seems like this may have been a planned breeding? You also asked something about what if she was bred by multiple males? If it was an accidental breeding, then that is just irresponsible. I'm not sure why you would plan for that, but I agree with Mutt that you really need to have her spayed.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I figured it was accidental because she said the dog is a mixed breed that was bred to a much larger male, and she was worry about it...

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I second, third, fourth, etc all the previous posts. There is no reason to have accidental puppies. :confused: The cost of the pregnancy, the worry, and the responsible care (which includes check ups and shots) are far more costly than a spay. Please spay her as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
get the impression that ppl here aren't as thrilled as you at this litter?....i'll echo the others....please have her spayed.....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Both dogs were only a year old...and she said "the dog she was bred with" which leads me to believe it was planned. Unfortunately Maui never seems to reply on threads so I doubt we'll hear from her again or that she will take any of this seriously.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason for not answering your 'comments' is that you people out there seem to think that you are superiour to all others who do not breed for money. I said the father was SMALLER then Maui and that when Maui came to us she was already pregneant. I took her in and cared for her and I am now looking after her pups which by the way are very healthy and happy. I never thought that by joining this forum I would get slammed and accused of not caring for Maui. I see that this forum however is only for the 'holier then tho' who sit on their pedestals and preach to the rest of us in a demeaning manner. If you can't accept that we also love our pets and "YES" plan on having them spayed , then I cannot enjoy this bickering and do not plan to write again. How about trying to understand others and offering some much needed support in a more constructive manner. You guys must be a bundle of fun.:mad:

·
Registered
437 Posts
The reason for not answering your 'comments' is that you people out there seem to think that you are superiour to all others who do not breed for money. I said the father was SMALLER then Maui and that when Maui came to us she was already pregneant. I took her in and cared for her and I am now looking after her pups which by the way are very healthy and happy. I never thought that by joining this forum I would get slammed and accused of not caring for Maui. I see that this forum however is only for the 'holier then tho' who sit on their pedestals and preach to the rest of us in a demeaning manner. If you can't accept that we also love our pets and "YES" plan on having them spayed , then I cannot enjoy this bickering and do not plan to write again. How about trying to understand others and offering some much needed support in a more constructive manner. You guys must be a bundle of fun.:mad:
It is not that the people on here think they are "holier than tho", many of us work in rescue and are FAR too aware of how many accidental puppies are getting put to sleep everyday because people neglect to get their dogs spayed. I am sure I speak for most on this forum when I say that I am glad you took in a rescue dog that was pregnant and have taken care of her and that you are taking care of her puppies. But, on the same token, you have to understand where we are coming from. Our concern is with the lives of these accidental puppies and we do not want to see another animal have to be pts for no reason other than no one wants it.

Congrats on all the puppies being healthy and everything going well while they were being born.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I think that if you had mentioned in your original post that you rescued her when she was pregnant, the replies would have been different.

We all care about animals, and quite a few of us have rescued animals at one time or another. I'm glad all are doing well and that you will continue on this forum.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think that if you had mentioned in your original post that you rescued her when she was pregnant, the replies would have been different.

We all care about animals, and quite a few of us have rescued animals at one time or another. I'm glad all are doing well and that you will continue on this forum.
Exactly. Some of us might have thought she fell pregnant while you had her.
Glad the pups are doing well. Can't wait to see pics:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts