Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some pictures of my little boy today when he was working on his retreiving.

I hear something!

Daaad I wanna get it!

Watch me!

Imma get it!

*more*

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Almost! Watch me! Watch me!

Was I right or was I right?

Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Not bad for a puppy who just got dewclawed a few days ago, huh?
It's almost scary how quickly he's grown...basically doubled his size!

Yesterday a guy stopped at the farm with an eight week old Lab pup he paid $1600 for. He looked at Marko and his eyes got kinda big. He said, word for word, "How many thousand did you pay for that dog?" Of course Marko was free!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Wotta stud! I'll bet he swaggers after the session.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
What fun he is going to be! I LOVE the pictures. He's a great looking boy!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a real (dead) bird he has? He is quite handsome and he deserves to swagger!
It was a very real bird. It shocked me how soft mouthed he is at his age, and that you don't have to fight him to get the bird back.
When they turned loose the homing pigeons, he'd look up and watch them... He's got that retreiving instinct in him!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
It shocked me how soft mouthed he is at his age, and that you don't have to fight him to get the bird back.
That disposition may go away as he gets older. With some self-centered "teenagers", the greater the desire to get the bird, the less their desire to hand it over to you. However if you see the "team player" impulse in a puppy, you'll have no trouble with the adult (assuming proper training).

Also, back off on retrieving once he starts losing his baby teeth. Teething puppies bite down too hard and this encourages crunching and munching. It looks like he's on a program, so you prolly already know this stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts