Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a female border collie who is a marker. We have had her for a year now and she refuses to be housebroken. We have tried clickers and treats, frequent walks, ignoring the indoor peeing, scolding her when caught in the act.. nothing seems to work. She will not show me that she has to go because when she is indoors, she doesnt smell the ground, just squats and pees and usually does it when I have been distracted in some way (phone call, walk to the fridge etc). Any advice on a marking rescue dog would be appreciated.
Note: I know the most common advice is to bring the dog outside when it is going to pee and praise it for peeing outside but she doesnt give me a chance because she will only pee if my back is turned and she rushes it. Also, she will pee within minutes of peeing outside so frequent walks is not enough to housebreak her. She will go months without an accident and the minute we trust her with our eyes off her for a few seconds, she has peed on the carpet again.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Have you taken her to the vet to run a urinalysis? If not, that would be the first thing to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts