Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello and good day, hope everyone is having a great holiday we. i added a few pics of maybe something i shouldn't be worried about. half way down his body his hair thins out then thickens up on his feet like pom poms, the change is obvious. he looked fine when i picked him up from the groomer a week ago, hes a bichon/poodle mut. i dont know if this is normal for an 8 month old. any opinions ? remember those who gave to our country

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
It looks like it could be mange or maybe just an allergy. You'd need a vet to do a skin scraping to be sure. You can do more damage treating the wrong thing so best to be sure and then treat from there.

There are also a few types of mange and not all treatments work on all of them. Some require medicated dips, etc...

I think the first step would be having a skin scrape done.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Agreed, this is something for a vet to look at. You can't mess around with skin problems, because if they're serious (which I think you can consider mange somewhat serious) you want to catch them as early as possible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I say vet to.. But I don't see any signs of skin problem just loss of hair. Has he been chewing on his leg at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts