Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 year old shih tzu/maltese was taken to the groomers last friday by my mom. She have always been pretty aggressive when it come to strangers so it was not a new thing for me to hear that she has been aggressive in the groomers.She was only trimmed, not shaved We have been sending her to the groomers about every two months whenever her hair has been to long or tangled. When she went home, noticed that she has been acting strange and subdued. Before, she would sleep on the foot of my bed or just in plain sight, eat vigorously, and just be an all around excitable dog. Now, she always sleeps under the bed or couch reluctant to come when called, only eats when I hand feed her, and just be so subdued. I also noticed that whenever anyone carries her, she would sniff you more than before. I have been more affectionate with her this past few days and there doesn't seem to be any visible wounds or abrasions in her body and she still likes jogging with us. What is wrong? Will she always be traumatized and acting like this? What can I do?
Now she plays sometimes, then stops like she smells something sniff the air then hid under the bed or couch.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts