Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so, my friends male dog is peeing in the house. The dog has been potty trained forever and she says she has never seen him have an accident. The house is clean all the time so I know she would notice it. They have had the dog checked and it has no health issues. It is not neutered and there are other dogs that come and go. Anyone with experience? What do you do? I told her she needs to first get some of that enzyme stuff and very thoroughly clean ALL of the areas that he has done this. I also told her to go back to ground zero with potty training. (tether the dog to her unless he is outside or in his crate.

Give me your experienced thoughts and ideas as to how to solve this issue. Boinking the dog on the head with a rubber mallet is not going to happen. ;)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I Train a dachshund that used to come over to my house and start marking things. well first I had to figure out it was him and not one of my other dogs. and then once I found out it was him I would never keep my eyes off of him. I would watch him where ever he went and every time he lifted his leg on something I would Growl and scream and run at him. pretty much scare the hell outa him. so he came to associate lifting his leg in my house with being terrified and he stopped doing it.

I used the same technique with a female dog that came over and decided to mark in the house, lol when I can running at her she just jumped and ran it was like "OMG!!!"

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Good idea but I think if she does that to this dog it will raise another whole issue. This dog is sassy in more then one manner. I had suggested the rubber mallet but she wasn't going for that either. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts