Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have two sweet pups who's pictures I'd like to share. They are both mixes of some kind but I'm not sure exactly what. I was told Malcolm is a Blue Heeler mixed with a collie (can definitely see the heeler) and Pepper was said to be a Lab/Beagle mix, but I think she may be mixed with a whippet since she is so slender, has tall legs and her tail curls like a whippet.

What do you guys think?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Maybe some German Shepherd in Malcolm? I do really see the ACD. Pepper I have no idea, I could believe lab/beagle from these pics. No way to know for sure, but whatever they are, they are adorable!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! It can be kind of tricky telling. Maybe one day I'll get one of those tests - they're just kind of pricey! Technically, we're not supposed to have german shepherd crosses in our neighborhood at all, so I'm slightly worried about that. I've also been told Pepper looks like she's part Pit (which I don't mind - but other people...that's another story )

Mal is about 35lbs and 4yrs old and Pepper is 28lbs & is 2 1/2yrs old - just for reference.

Here's a few more pictures - Mal's tail seems to be docked or naturally short? You can also see his colors better in an outdoor shot. :)

Mal.jpg IMG_2859.jpg IMG_1715.jpg IMG_2905.jpg IMG_1735.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pepper's colors are pretty typical for a pit, so you could be right about that. Although a Beagle is also possible. I thought Malcolm was an older dog because of the grey, but since he is only 4 I can see the cattle dog really clearly now, especially with the big ears. The tan legs and dark back are still very typical to a German Shepherd, but there are other breeds that can have this as well. I could be bias on the breed because we have a lot of German shepherds here (since we live next to Germany...).

If you aren't allowed to have a German Shepherd (or a stafford) maybe it is best you don't do a test? I would guess that if you have it on paper the chances could be bigger you will have a problem. But I don't have experience with this since in our country all breeds are allowed everywhere, it always falls back on the owner. And yours seem very gentle and sweet dogs. :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
As for Malcolm- I see German Shepherd(GSD), Australian Cattle Dog (ACD), ,& Collie.

As for pepper- I see Labrador and Beagle. I don't see any Pit, but I can see why someone people would believe so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts