Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My coworker who also professed not too long ago that we were good friends outside of work, all of a sudden stopped talking to me. We share the same cubicle and used to talk all the time about work, school, and our pets. One day, out of the blue, she was being really mean to me, and super cold, so I asked her what was wrong, and she said she was stressed and busy. I offered her help with anything she needed but said no. I asked her again today why she was so quiet, and she said again that she's just busy. I can see she's on facebook for the past 2 hours so I don't know about the busy part.

I know she doesn't like me anymore, and my feelings are hurt :( I tried to ask her a few times if something was wrong, but I don't think she wants to talk to me about it to preserve her friendship. She told me once that she can drop friends like a fly because life is too short to deal with difficult people. I just want to know what I did wrong, and I'm hurt that she really doesn't value me enough to come forward with it. She's the confrontational type and often has fights with strangers on the bus, so I know it's not a shyness issue. I can take the criticism and am willing to change for a friend, but I guess in her mind I'm not worth having as a friend at all.

Times like these, I just really appreciate Butters. She never treats me like that, and is always there to love and comfort me. If it weren't for her, I know I'd surely be one sad girl.

·
Registered
222 Posts
:( Sorry you're feeling bad. This is why I love my dogs so much. Such awesome companions.

As far as your co-worker, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but she doesn't sound like a very good friend.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( Sorry you're feeling bad. This is why I love my dogs so much. Such awesome companions.

As far as your co-worker, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but she doesn't sound like a very good friend.
Yeah, honestly, I've lost a lot of friends along the way, once they started getting into serious relationships/marriage, having kids, moving away for school and work, and sometimes i don't know the difference between it's 'you not me' or just life circumstances. Hard not to take it personally, but I'll try not to...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sorry your so sad, she dont sound very nice. :(

I love my babies(Doggies) more then any thing, because they are not going to get up & walk out of my life, people come and go, I honestly don't care anymore, if somebody walk out of my life I see it "Well sucks, there lose".

~Erica~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts