Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I need to be a dog toy designer. I'm annoyed with the offerings out there. Some are fine, but crazy expensive for something that is so easily destroyed.

Ok, so I look at these toys and wonder if they are using special ropes or special fabric. If so, where can I get this tuff.

Mostly, I want to put food into a toy which is loosely in fabric which is tied with a safe rope... that kind of thing.

Is it safe to use the kinds of stuff available in a fabric store or Home Depot?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I live in an area where there aren't dog toys available...I'd love to make my own! I hope someone has some advice. I'm not crafty, but my hubby makes things for our horses, so I bet he could help.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
What about apolstry (sp? For furniture) fabric? Or fabric made for sails for boats? The rope you could probably get from lowes or home depot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. I have ideas like that (canvas, rope), but just making sure that it is safe. I'm assuming it is... especially if it is pure cotton.

Also, plastic drink bottles (water bottles, V8 Splash, etc.) seem cool.

My pup appears to be very good at chewing things and then spitting them out... even small bits of inedibles seem to get nicely rejected after a good chew. She will demolish, for examle, the plastic ring just under the lid of a plastic milk jug... but every chewed bit ends up on the floor. If she happens to consume any, it must be exceedingly small.

My concerns would be even higher if she was one of those dogs that actually ate inedible things.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Also, plastic drink bottles (water bottles, V8 Splash, etc.) seem cool.
I wouldn't leave my dog alone with one, but empty plastic drink bottles are the best free dog toy ever as far as I'm concerned. Just take off the cap and the label first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts