Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Whats your whis list?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:)When i was young i wanted to be an space man and go to the moon. but my mum told me to keep my feet firmly on the ground so that did not happen. But a few months ago in my life i was challenged when my job contract ended. So i started thinking of what i really would do if i had the chance to, so i made a wish list:

I wish i could:

Be a singer
Play the Piano
Buy my own Home
have my own online business
Finish university
own a chain of companies
Have my own Range Rover Sport
Travel when i wanted
Get a motor Bike (love it)
build a reform center for those in need
meet some famous people (Morgan Freeman, Denziel Washinton) good actors
Take my wife for a complete spar vacation
Play Basket ball ( not tall enough)
and the list goes on

Now I have acheived:

I am a lead singer at my local churh (and have an album coming out)
I am learnnig to play the piano
Have my own successful online business
(http://mrmarketr.net/trafficultimatum.php

I traveled with my wife to London (beauty)
Bought a two bedroom apartment in ireland
Bought a 2008 nissan tida (not the Range yet but soon)

bonus (have another baby on the way due in september)

So slowly i am crossing of my wish list and making bigger ones.

Whats your whish list???????????

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
My list includes:

getting a job - I am a substitute teacher now and I really want to have my own classroom, preferably in either grade 3 or 4 but I am completely open to other elementary grades :)

getting our own house - we are renting a house now but I REALLY want our own house!

learning to play the Irish whistle - this is a new item on my wish list. I was thinking I really wanted to re-learn the clarinet but I realized that it was more of the whistle sound that I want. I REALLY want a Tenor D tin whistle. I just hope my hands are big enough to play it!

we also really would like a 2nd car - Since my husband and I are both teachers and both work out of town it sometimes gets hard with only one car. My husband is not a sub, he teaches at the same school all the time and he is in a car pool with the other teachers at his school. I am at different schools all the time and I either have to drive myself or see if I can get a ride with another car pool going to the other schools.

That is my list right now. We might add things to it later down the road, like renovations for our house and things like that, but I will be happy to add those things to the list! :D

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
My wish list for job, housing, and all of the above have been met. I dreamed of adopting a child when i was 12 and did that at 20 years old.. Lots of hard work came along with these dreams and finally at 41..I am perfectly content.

I wanted to work for myself and be a heavy equipment operator. Done.
I wanted lots of land and a nice house, red in color:D Done.
I wanted a Cairn. Done 2X
Wanted a marine division in my business..Done.
Wanted to see my son succeed. Done. Somewhat.

Now I want to sell out and RV to travel the continent. Live from place to place with me and my dogs. And hopefully never to have to work again.

Oh..And Id like to own one of those new Dodge Challengers......But really that is so not practical for me...So sometimes I go test drive one to scare a salesperson... Thats really fun :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
*I am wishing for a job in a new town (as well as my SO to get a job too)
*I am wishing that this dream I had gosh what, 6 years ago? Of moving to St. Augustine can become a reality.

That's all I am wishing for right now. I have gotten one call back from one clinic in St. Augustine soooo my fingers are crossed (they want an interview some time soon). I am excited to actually get started with my life.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am excited to actually get started with my life.[/QUOTE]

Well done to you, taking the first step is the step towards not only your goals in life purpose on this this earth. Now thats what i'm talking about people who still have faith that they can still go after there dreams and visions.

I hope theres many more people out there like you who are doing the same and taking their life back, and just going for it.

Regards......

talk soon......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You digits mama are a encouragment to us all, what an amazing track record of success.
But I still do think while your still breathing that there might be some more adventures for you and you family, not forgetting you beloved dogs as well.

So keep us post of more of you success, we would like to here them all....................

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My list includes:

getting a job - I am a substitute teacher now and I really want to have my own classroom, preferably in either grade 3 or 4 but I am completely open to other elementary grades :)

getting our own house - we are renting a house now but I REALLY want our own house!

learning to play the Irish whistle - this is a new item on my wish list. I was thinking I really wanted to re-learn the clarinet but I realized that it was more of the whistle sound that I want. I REALLY want a Tenor D tin whistle. I just hope my hands are big enough to play it!

we also really would like a 2nd car - Since my husband and I are both teachers and both work out of town it sometimes gets hard with only one car. My husband is not a sub, he teaches at the same school all the time and he is in a car pool with the other teachers at his school. I am at different schools all the time and I either have to drive myself or see if I can get a ride with another car pool going to the other schools.

That is my list right now. We might add things to it later down the road, like renovations for our house and things like that, but I will be happy to add those things to the list! :D
Irish tin whistle! Miss are you from Ireland?

Thanks for your thread, you reminded me of a brass instument that i would love to play which is the beautiful sounds of the sax o phone. Playing some jazz and funk would be great, i'll have to add it to my wish lits. Tanx for that

Looking forward to hearing about your own House when the time comes..

c ya

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
No, I am from Newfoundland :) I just love the sound of the tin whistle, especially the really low ones. They just sound so beautiful.

Whenever I hear the word saxophone I ALWAYS think "saxamophoooooone" Haha! I love The Simpsons!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh a fan of the simpsons :D as well, great me to. So you like the Irish tin whistle and i live in Ireland dublin

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Most of my stuff is also done. All I've got left on the docket is graduate from Cosmetology (and that is a done deal if I do say so myself) and finish renovating our basement into a kennel so we can start housing some of the over flow the rescue we were fostering for is dealing with. I'm hoping inside of the next few years I can eventually just have my own rescue so I can specifically pull the "unadoptables" that are slated for euthanasia because of medical problems, behavioral problems, or just elderly that get over looked.

If I can do all of this (especially making it through school with all the drama) and not pull my hair out, it's a win! :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've learned not to make wish lists. Every one I've ever had has never come true or turned into a disaster. Now I just let life happen.

Although....lately I was kind of hoping for a fenced section of my yard. Is hoping the same as wishing?:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yes a wish is a hope for something to come that you want, so in way you have started a wish list. Now go after it until you get it. persue and claim and then add some more. look forward to hearing more from you, remeber to never give up on what you want to acheive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to hear that most of your stuff is almost complete but rememberw with every decision you take theres always a new adventure awaiting to be explored. keep us updated with the renovation of the basement, mayb even send in a piture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eris I have learned that if the wish list is small or big you just have to start where you are and then work your way up and you will get there as long as you keep at it and give up until you see it come true for you.

now that you are written it down for all to see, keep us post of each one. tanx

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Eris I have learned that if the wish list is small or big you just have to start where you are and then work your way up and you will get there as long as you keep at it and give up until you see it come true for you.

now that you are written it down for all to see, keep us post of each one. tanx
my way of thinking is make sure your wish list/goals are something that are easy to grasp. NOT that i wouldnt work for what I want but my goals are less important to me now that I have kids. They are my main goal so to say.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
1. Graduate for university next year
2. get college business diploma year after that
3. find job that hopefully involves dogs
4. move out/live with boyfriend

Future future wishlist
1. buy house with backyard
2. get married
3. get into flyball and disc dog stuff
4. have kiddies

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Just got home from St. Augustine. I didn't end up getting the job I had originally thought I was going to. I did get a job at an awesome clinic though. I am so excited. Our entire trip seemed to be giving off good vibes and signs that this was going to work out for us. It's happened so fast. We should be leaving two weeks from today.

On a side note, we had some time to kill and ended up at the fountian of youth. Leave it to my dog to pee right in front of it. At least everyone thought it was funny. Better pee than poop I guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts