Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Maggie, she's about 8 weeks old. We had gotten her from an old friend who's dog accidentally got pregnant by his mom's dog. We know his dog, Molly, and she's a beautiful lab. He claimed his mom's dog is a Rottweiler. Can someone explain to me how a lab and a rott make this ball of fluff? The others looked like rott/lab mixes. (And can pups be born with "docked" tails? A few of them were like that and I was just curious!) Anyways, enjoy the few pics :D

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Different puppies from the same litter can have different fathers. I can't see how a purebred rottie and a lab would make that pup... could very well have been a second dad!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either this, or they have no idea what the parents are. I hear some hilarious "breeds" from dog owners.

I have a Magpie, but her actually name is Magpie.
I don't know why I just started calling her Magpie, I just did :D

And the more I spend time with her, the more I believe that they didn't know who the father was. Regardless, I'm excited to see how she's going to look as she grows.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! She already knows "sit" and we're about 75% potty trained! (yay!) AND, I made sure to read up on this forum the CORRECT way to potty train/train your dog and honestly it has made all the difference. I can't believe I was doing it wrong for so long. You all are a blessing!

·
Registered
252 Posts
That puppy is so cute!!! You said lab and rottie, huh? I know one thing for sure, I'd say maybe lab/newfoundland before I'd say lab/rottie. Newfies come in what is called a, "landseer," pattern which means basically they can come in black and white.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That puppy is so cute!!! You said lab and rottie, huh? I know one thing for sure, I'd say maybe lab/newfoundland before I'd say lab/rottie. Newfies come in what is called a, "landseer," pattern which means basically they can come in black and white.
Wow!
I looked up the landseer Newfies and this is what I stumbled upon

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Lab/Husky maybe? No Rottie in there that I can see. I might see some Akita in there as well. Cute pup either way.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Landseer (b&w newfoundland) was the first thing I thought of. She's so fluffy!!! My guess would be landseer/lab.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts