Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got Maddie yesterday from a rescue, and we love her! I'm thinking that maybe she's a Westie/Bichon mix, or maybe a Westie/Poodle mix. Her head is westie - like, as is one of her ears (it stands up with strong cartilage. The other ear is a drop ear - lol! Her tail looks westie, too - long and held up, but not curled over her back.

Her hair is very soft and has very soft ringlets/curls, which makes me think bichon. Poodles tend to have denser, curlier fur.

What do you think? Her picture (not a great one - sorry) is in my signature.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Could be Westie, could be Schnauzer. She looks part Schnauzer to me but I guessed that about someone's Westie/Poodle so I guess they look a lot alike, LOL. And telling the difference between a Bichon and a Poodle can be hard sometimes, too (when they're not in a breed-specific haircut).

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
She could even be a Schnauzer/Poodle/Westie. She looks a lot like my white Schnauzer/Poodles when I groom them with a short cut. They have a single coat with very soft curly and wavy hair too. It is hard to say. But she is adorable! :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks! I hadn't even considered schnauzer b/c of her white color. Whatever she is, she's a sweetie and loves everyone! Now, to decide how she needs to be groomed!

Here's a picture of a westiepoo - looks very similar to Maddie, except the hair isn't as curly.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images19/WestiepooAki1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/w/westiepoopictures.htm&h=400&w=300&sz=25&tbnid=KrjkZ0CqFb-ayM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=75&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwestie%2Bpoodle%2Bmix%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=westie+poodle+mix&docid=T8nhgF7hJWjUwM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=hPSwT7z7O4fe9AS9sY3yCA&ved=0CIUBEPUBMAA&dur=235

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Here is a pic of Blu Boy for a bit of comparison ... his hair cut was a little longer than Maddie's ... but you can see the Schnauzer. Many times people thought my boy's were Westies when they were younger. :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maddie's hair very similar to Blu Boy's (maybe a little curlier, but very soft), but what made me think of Westie is her body shape and also her one ear that has very strong cartilage and stands up (the one she's laying on in the picture. The other one is completely different - a soft drop ear. Their noses/muzzles and eyes are very similar.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I see the Westie too because of that ear. The ear that lays down flat is the exact shape of my boy's ears. She sure is cute though! Are you going to let her hair grow to see what it looks like? I know Blu Boys hair is so soft that if you look at him the wrong way he gets mats instantly! Lol! This is why I try to keep it short to a degree.

We need more pics of Maddie! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts