Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 1.5 year old GSD/pitbull mix who has a very strange lump in the corner of his eye along with total fur loss, it's almost like a sty but it's red and only slightly puffy. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, he never scratches or paws at it, it's almost like he doesn't even know it's there.

I took him to the vet about a week ago and she couldn't give me a straight answer as to what it was - her only two guesses were either lymphoma or just a discoloration of the skin. she didn't give him anything for it because it's not causing him any pain or discomfort.

she said it's highly unlikely that it's lymphoma at this point because of the fact that it's not bugging him and he's had no issues with his eyesight; but she couldn't tell me why he was losing fur if it's just a skin discoloration. she said if it gets worse to come back and have a biopsy.

i was just wondering if anyone has had anything even remotely like this happen to their dog? i'm still super worried, i would really really appreciate some feedback :[

(sorry for the bad quality pictures, all i have available is a cell phon cam)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lymphoma is an aggressive cancer and while it is more commonly seen in middle aged and older dogs, it can strike dogs of any age. If your vet can't give you a definitive diagnosis, I would recommend that you have your dog seen by a veterinary dermatologist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts