Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, earlier today my 2 year old minpin was at the vet for a booster shot (since we live by the woods and ticks are more common). He was fine earlier before the vet but he seems sluggish and is shaking alittle now that several hours has passed since he got it. My sister is holding him in a blanket so he stays warm but when he does walk you can tell it isnt a normal walk and also he didnt eat supper tonight. I called the vet and they said its normal, as long as his throat or ears are not swelling he should be just fine. I tried to google the symptoms but couldnt find much, so just making sure that its "normal" for such a small dog to be sick after the vaccination?

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
That happened to my daughter's dog, Dante.

I wouldn't say it's normal, but it's apparently pretty common.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
I agree with RonE. My dog has had reactions with boosters. He seemed fine after 24 - 36 hours, but I was worried, because he had symptoms like yours. If yours is not better by tomorrow afternoon, you might call the Vet again. In fact, if he is clearly worse in the morning, call. But I expect him to be much better after a good night's sleep, and to get better as the day progresses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. He seems much better and several hours after my posting he ate his supper. He still looks like he is in a bit of pain (I went to pick him up and he grarled alittle) but hes up and walking arround already. Seems much better from when I originally posted the message. Thanks again for the reassurance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts