Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
That smile is adorable! Good luck with her - she sounds like a "right handful" as someone recently described my dog around here. Let us know about her progress!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like a challenge as long as it is a good challenge...I'm going to exercise her little wiggly butt until she falls over :) She's just so damn happy to be near a person, its adorable. The problem is, she thinks that greeting people by leaping on them with her mouth open is the right way to do things. Of course, your average person is going to freak out if a pit bull says "HI" by trying to lick their nose.

Perfect description. We did actually go for a short walk (it was well after dark) and she didn't do too badly on a leash. The rescue person asked the previous foster "so, how are you leash training her? Are you using anything like a gentle leader, harness, or prong collar?" and the reply was something along the lines of "Huh? Leash training?" She pulls on the leash but she does go forward and doesn't wander or stop randomly. That, I can work with.
I envy you that. I absolutely hate pulling on the leash - it was the hardest thing to train Hobbes out of. (Okay, to be honest he's not entirely trained out of it....this might turn out to be my life's work). But I'm so glad you brought Luna home and are working with her. Good luck with the jumping!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts