Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday we went fishing !! I caught my limit of 25 sockeye salmon in 2 hours WOOT WOOT ! I had them all cleaned, fileted and ready to put into the brine to smoke them and turned around and Lucifer stole one whole dang fish !! I guess the temptation was just too much for him. Sophie and Guapo both looked at him like oohhhhhh you are SOOO in trouble.... wheres ours mommy ?

Now I am hoping darn rain stops so I can go out again tomorrow and get more fish, this time I need to can some. I feel sorry for all those out at the river today fishing in the rain !!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for you concern but the wild Alaska salmon does not carry this parasite. I regulary feed my dogs and cats salmon as do many Alaskans. I even buy an Alaskan made dog food called Alaskan grown dog food made locally out of wild Salmon, barley and kelp. Alaska has few parasites at all its just too dang cold for them.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Be careful out there! How are the pesky bear sightings going? .............

Lol! Lucifer was hungry! Are you allowed to catch one more salmon because he ate one?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful out there! How are the pesky bear sightings going? .............

Lol! Lucifer was hungry! Are you allowed to catch one more salmon because he ate one?
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...l-salmon-bloodbath-nears-apex-kenai-peninsula
this is what we do this time of year Abby!! Only residents can dipnet and wayyy too many people out there for the bears TG At least I am lucky to live about 15 minutes from the fishing site, alot of others are from out of town and have been camping out at the river in the pouring rain this week. I am just waiting for my bf to pick me up and we are off again !

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can't blame the pup, Salmon is so good!

I am sooo jealous. I wanna catch salmon and live in Alaska... That's it, I start walking north today!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...l-salmon-bloodbath-nears-apex-kenai-peninsula
this is what we do this time of year Abby!! Only residents can dipnet and wayyy too many people out there for the bears TG At least I am lucky to live about 15 minutes from the fishing site, alot of others are from out of town and have been camping out at the river in the pouring rain this week. I am just waiting for my bf to pick me up and we are off again !
WOW! is all I can say! I am in awe! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts