Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barking was a huge problem with Lucifer when I rescued him at just over a year old. I have now completely broke him of barking. Now I find out we have a grizzley bear roaming the area and my bf just found bear scat in my yard sooooo..... hoping Lucifer will bark if he sees the bear and scares it away. Meanwhile we are on high bear alert, all trash taken to the dump , no animal food outside and the little ones ( cats and dogs ) do not go out alone and the good old shotgun is locked and loaded . I love living in the middle of nowwhere alaska but stray bears, wolves and other critters come with the deal........

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Barking was a huge problem with Lucifer when I rescued him at just over a year old. I have now completely broke him of barking. Now I find out we have a grizzley bear roaming the area and my bf just found bear scat in my yard sooooo..... hoping Lucifer will bark if he sees the bear and scares it away. Meanwhile we are on high bear alert, all trash taken to the dump , no animal food outside and the little ones ( cats and dogs ) do not go out alone and the good old shotgun is locked and loaded . I love living in the middle of nowwhere alaska but stray bears, wolves and other critters come with the deal........
Do be careful for sure!

We have a stray bear who lurks in my area believe it or not ... good old middle of nowhere land! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do be careful for sure!

We have a stray bear who lurks in my area believe it or not ... good old middle of nowhere land! :)
last year we had one doing the same thing, fish and game had to come put him down after he got to used to people and thier food......they say there is 1 bear per square mile around here and one person per sq mile, guess we should be even then ??

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
last year we had one doing the same thing, fish and game had to come put him down after he got to used to people and thier food......they say there is 1 bear per square mile around here and one person per sq mile, guess we should be even then ??
Lol! You betcha!

They gave our little burg's bear the name of "Boo Boo" ... of all things! He showed up in the middle of a country festival last year ... and everyone just left it roam ahead! :/ I am careful outside at night due to living in the woods.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol! You betcha!

They gave our little burg's bear the name of "Boo Boo" ... of all things! He showed up in the middle of a country festival last year ... and everyone just left it roam ahead! :/ I am careful outside at night due to living in the woods.
unfortunatly they are a very real threat here , so are moose....there was a young girl stomped by a moose just the other day , a mama with newborns. You have to respect the wildlife and be prepared and never ever try to get close to a baby bear/moose or any young wild animal !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts