Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought Lucerne Greek Non-Fat Yogurt for my dog. The ingredients state that it has: Milk Protein Concentrate, Modified Cornstarch, Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Non-Fat Milk, Vitamin A Acetate, and Vitamin D3. Is this okay to give to her? If so, how much should I give?

She is a 3 month old puppy.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What breed is she? It's one that I use from time to time. If she's a small dog, give 1-2 teaspoons. If a larger dog 2 tablespoons is good. I feed yogurt daily with my dogs' morning meal And canned with the evening meal.

·
Super Moderator
11,634 Posts
Be careful about any artificial sweeteners. Some are highly toxic to dogs.

The best of the Greek yogurts won't have any fat, added sugar or artificial sweeteners. It's why some people don't like them and they area good for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What breed is she? It's one that I use from time to time. If she's a small dog, give 1-2 teaspoons. If a larger dog 2 tablespoons is good. I feed yogurt daily with my dogs' morning meal And canned with the evening meal.
She is a Miniature Poodle.

I give her half a teaspoon mixed with her dry puppy food on some mornings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful about any artificial sweeteners. Some are highly toxic to dogs.

The best of the Greek yogurts won't have any fat, added sugar or artificial sweeteners. It's why some people don't like them and they area good for you.
Thank you.
There are no sweeteners, artificial or natural, in this yogurt. I tasted it myself and didn't like it at all so I guess I am one of those people haha!

Thanks for your reply!

·
Super Moderator
11,634 Posts
The other thing about Greek yogurt is that it is much more likely to have live cultures, aka probiotics, than regular yogurt.

I eat it every day. I haven't ever given it to the dogs. They might like it and then I'd have to share. (My wife won't eat it.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts