Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, some of you may have already been helping me in other threads about my dog Rex's recent pancreas inflammation. But now I have an issue finding a good food for him, to ensure that this never happens again!

Prior to this, Rex was on Blue Buffalo: Healthy Weight. For a while now, I've been thinking of switching him to Wellness. Now after this pancreatitis, I wanted to find him a food that was low-fat, specially recommended to be easy on the pancreas. Low and behold, lots of people were listing Wellness CORE: Reduced Fat blend as one of the best! Perfect, I thought. But then I looked at the nutritional facts, and I got confused real fast.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great food. But the minimum crude fat is 10%, (max 12%) and the Blue Buffalo blend that Rex was already on is 6.0%. Now, I'll admit, I am horrible with math and percentages, but I do believe that 6.0 is LESS than 10, am I right? If so, I'm even more confused.

So, I need help. I'm looking for a healthy, low-fat food for Rex, so what do I go for? Am I not reading the fat analysis correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To help out, here are the nutritional facts for the Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight: [LINK]
And Wellness CORE Reduced Fat: [LINK]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.