Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just got my dog back from the vet because he seems to have a slipped disc. I had the vet do xrays and also check his blood. I was surprised to find out that his CBC and white blood cell count is extremely low. The vet is sending his blood out to have it tested for tick disease. I am so confused because I have never even seen a tick on him or even in the yard. So because of that I am fearful that he may have something wrong with his bone marrow, which the vet suggested. She said if the tick test came back negative then the next step would be to take marrow from him. What bone marrow disorder could cause low white blood cells? I thought cancers caused high white blood cell counts. He is on Prednisone for his disc problem, could that cause low blood counts? He is also on antibiotics for a lick granuloma and glucosamine. His red blood cell count was normal. He has no symptoms of illness, eating great, not lethargic, no diarrhea. The only thing I can tell is wrong with him is his neck pain. I am so confused and would appreciate anyones help. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts