Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just adopted an 11 month old english bulldog / boxer she's doing amazing indoors but outside is a different story im a far more suburban setting and she was being fostered down south in arkansas so im sure there is ALOT more sounds to learn here then there but. she is constantly distracted by almost everything cars, people, sounds, simple as a leaf passing by. Its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get her attention without physically moving her head so her eyes can see mine. Ive tried treats, chicken, positive energy, negative energy but NOTHING gets her attention its almost like she purposely ignores me. Inside she's learning the sit, stay,wait, come commands great. I just wish the walk would be better Another thing is she constantly smells the ground ive tried moving the collar up to the top of the neck but she still just drops her head down thus making the collar slide down. She's a good walker for the most part doesnt pull but the inability to get her attention and stop the sniffing is semi frustrating even tho its only been about 4 days!

Ideally i would LOVE to be able to go on a walk and when i stop walking for what ever reasons she would also stop, pause , look at me as to say Oh whats up buddy?, what next? IMAG0337.jpg PLZ HELP!!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
She's a good walker for the most part doesnt pull but the inability to get her attention and stop the sniffing is semi frustrating even tho its only been about 4 days!
Voila. Give her some time to settle in. She's in a brand new place and needs to get used to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive thought the same thing, but all the while i dont want her to be getting accustomed to unwanted behaviors while she's "getting used to it" ... but then again... its been a few short days... so if im having the same issue in 2 months then there will definitely be an issue lol

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Yeah, 4 days not much I can say without sounding rude. Ideally I would like my wife to treat me better and it's been 44 years. Rome definitely was not built in a day or 4 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts