Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volunteering never fails to open my mind and my eyes to what some people can do to another living being. Nothing surprises me anymore; I’ve seen so many different things and it’s no wonder I love animals so much. They are the most forgiving creatures there are.

Whenever I go out into west Dallas our first stop is to feed the cats. There was another new face last week and like most of the cats she was a little skidish. After putting out her food I kind of crept up and calmly sat down with my camera. This little girl came wondering up to my lap, purring away, and started rolling all over me. I was shocked as to how fast she came up to me without a problem. Most of the others have seen me every time I’ve gone out, but not her. I’m trying to find her a home.

*More*

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The crossed eyed cat still doesn’t like me, but I think he’s blind, not just cross eyed. He has a VERY difficult time getting around.

I haven’t been able to get pictures of the heartworm positive pit and the GSD in some time, but I was finally able to get a few. Two weeks ago (A) went to feed them and they were covered in ticks. They’re good now that she treated them and the surrounding yard, but they’re always happy for some human contact.

I mean look at those faces..

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted pictures of Charlie two weeks ago; he was underweight and pitiful. Two weeks of being fed on a regular basis, he’s put on weight and is already growing! He is a cutie pie too.

And of course I can’t make a post with out Moses!

This little one was surrendered because the owners no longer wanted her. She’s about 8-10 weeks old and her name is Dakota. yep... Dakota lol

While I was in the kitchen I snapped a quick picture of Charlie one of her owned dogs. He’s a little nut.

I hope these surfice since I couldn’t get the adoption pictures…lol Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I don't know Teddie. Be careful, I thought I would never be able to have anything shock me again either. Just about the time you believe that something even more drastic then all you have seen shows up. I am afraid there are NO limits to the cruelty man is capable of. At least, I have yet to see those limits. I think there will be a special place in Hell for people that cause such suffering. I am hopeful that the people that chose to turn a blind eye to such suffering will be there as well. Once we know that these things occur, it is partly us that are to blame if we do nothing but turn a blind eye. IMO We can all do a little and that will add up to a lot in our efforts to help these poor creatures. You do wonderful things with animals. God Bless you for that.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I am afraid there are NO limits to the cruelty man is capable of. At least, I have yet to see those limits. I think there will be a special place in Hell for people that cause such suffering.
i think one that i heard about (from here in my own city) was a man that was arrested on a cruelty case for hanging his dog in the garage cuz "she went and got herself pregnant" (she was 6 wks along).....ummm, ok (on the dog getting prego, not the arrest)....

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Tirluc, that just happens to be how I got my Lulu. She was hanging in a mans garage when the police got to his house on drug charges. He said "she has bad hips" so hanging her was supposed to help. She also had her mouth wired shut and several bite marks from being used as bait. Turned out she had great hips. People are just so beyond cruel it is unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
wow those stories are horrible! i never came across such abuse around me, thank god because i would definately snap on someone if i had! i can't even hunt anymore. it just bothers me to kill a deer etc. for nothing even though i do realize there are good reasons to hunt . but a domestic pet:mad:! i would love to hang the f_ _ _ _ r who did that!!!!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know Teddie. Be careful, I thought I would never be able to have anything shock me again either. Just about the time you believe that something even more drastic then all you have seen shows up. I am afraid there are NO limits to the cruelty man is capable of. At least, I have yet to see those limits. I think there will be a special place in Hell for people that cause such suffering. I am hopeful that the people that chose to turn a blind eye to such suffering will be there as well. Once we know that these things occur, it is partly us that are to blame if we do nothing but turn a blind eye. IMO We can all do a little and that will add up to a lot in our efforts to help these poor creatures. You do wonderful things with animals. God Bless you for that.
Our only focus is to keep these dogs healthy and alive. So if that means ignoring the acts man can do to such a loving creature that’s just what we do. It’s a loose/ losse situation if you react to the owners. They could care less, most of the time, if their animal is fed. All that matters is that they are fed, have medical attention and we can give as much love to them without the owner getting upset. All along they think they have the toughest, meanest “Pit bull” on the block.

That’s why so many people are shocked when I come along and after meeting this muscular pit for the first time I’m sitting letting them love me to death. This is their mean, man eating pit that I’ve had no problem going right up to. You know? To them; I should be running in the opposite direction. Lol

wow those stories are horrible! i never came across such abuse around me, thank god because i would definately snap on someone if i had! i can't even hunt anymore. it just bothers me to kill a deer etc. for nothing even though i do realize there are good reasons to hunt . but a domestic pet:mad:! i would love to hang the f_ _ _ _ r who did that!!!!
From imbedded collars, pregnant dogs being hit over the head with a hammer, to dogs being roped and drug behind a moving truck. There is no holding back as to what some people can do. If anything it leaves me in more disbelief that these animals can actually love humans again. I can’t say I’d be as forgiving if I were in their shoes. *shakes head*

I really do appreciate that you all take the time to read my threads. It means a lot that even one more person sees the cruelty that some animals have to go through. I’m always on the search for finding another one a home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts