Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So my little puppy is 8 weeks now, and we've had him for about 3 weeks. Up until the past couple of days he has been eating all of his food and drinking all of his milk. We feed him canned food and goats milk because he doesnt like to drink water. (hes a spoiled little brat) He usually finishes everything i give him no matter how much, but recently, he hasnt been drinking all of his milk. He actually leaves quite a bit left, and its bothering me because the weather has gotten extremely warmer so i was expecting him to drink a lot more. However, he has been eating and drinking less. Is he just growing up and finally learning how much his stomach can take, or is something wrong? He's a very picky dog, so is it simply just a matter of him getting tired of his food? TIA.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Yikes. An 8 week old puppy is too young to be picky about food. You can get into a dangerous situation pretty fast with a pup who is so young and is starting to get picky about food, esp. liquids. The dog is not spoiled, not a brat - he's trying to tell you something is wrong. Get him to the vet and get some advice on feeding and watering, how much, type, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts