Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have been on raw for almost 6 weeks.. my big boy is doing great good weight..etc..

my pup however is and has lost too much weight.. i am going to up his meat intake.. is there anything else i should or can do to prevent him from losing any more weight.. it has me a bit concerend
TIA

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Pups require more calories than adults, especially during the adolescent growth period. If you're feeding a prey model diet just increase the percentage per day (i.e. from 3% to 4%) of the ideal adult weight. But, as long as he's healthy it's better to be a bit underweight than overweight. What does your vet say about his weight?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well at 70 lbs the vet thought he was ight on, but in the last 6 weeks (and since his horrible vaccine encounter) he has lost enough weight to show me most of his ribs... Today I planned to up him to up around 3%.. he is 2 years old now so i thought i would need to strive for less.. BUT apparently hes using it all up and fast! thanks for the adivice i will be upping him for sure now,...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts