Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this little guy has come to stay for a while....his owner died recently and the lady that took him in (the owners landlady/friend) is unable to "handle" him...she's 72 yrs old and is a little intimidated by him (he tries to bite when you take something from him or pick him up, maybe some other things in there)....he's 6 yrs old, neutered, Terrier/Poodle mix....the old woman said he had been found in the backseat of a car at about 2 wks, riddled w/ mange....

so, w/out further ado, meet Black Jack (new name, was "Puddy Boy").....

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Well hello Handsome!!!! :D :D :D

He's just adorable. How nice of you to take him in.

How's he getting along with your crew?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so far, so good, Reno....there have been some lip raising and 2 very small altercations (he and Kody, the newest to the pack, over who gets to sit on "Daddies" lap) but really nothing bad....we do have to get his "aggression" w/ those things mentioned under wraps but i don't think that that is going to take too much effort....just the little bit i have done w/ him has shown he really doesn't want to do it, but has just gotten away w/ it for so long.....

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Tirluc, that's great. Hope he continues to improve. Will you try to place him yourself or do you plan to keep him?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that remains to be seen....intentions are (and we all know about "intentions") to place him, but.....(we are already 2 dogs over the limit for where we live (city-wise) so what's one more, right?:rolleyes::eek:

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
that remains to be seen....intentions are (and we all know about "intentions") to place him, but.....(we are already 2 dogs over the limit for where we live (city-wise) so what's one more, right?:rolleyes::eek:
Your secret is safe with me. :cool:

Have you ever looked into a Kennel License?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i'm gonna have to....either that or find about 50 acres somewhere....

so far the ppl that know he's here are like "but that's not a Border Collie"....had to throw everyone for a loop, right?.....if he hadn't come here he was going to be PTS come Mon, the lady said....he has already bitten once and has it on police record....

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
i think i'm gonna have to....either that or find about 50 acres somewhere....

so far the ppl that know he's here are like "but that's not a Border Collie"....had to throw everyone for a loop, right?.....if he hadn't come here he was going to be PTS come Mon, the lady said....he has already bitten once and has it on police record....

How fortunate that you heard about it and stepped in. He's a lucky boy!

He's too cute to have a police record......:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts