Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To a good grain free brand that?s more readily available then 4health. He is vet diagnosed with a grain allergy. I love 4 health but I just need a food that I can get at more then one location. Any suggestions?

Also we are not going to buy him any form of blue buffalo dog food

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Are you looking to stay in the same price range as 4health?

Some of the first brands that pop into my mind are Earthborn and Taste of the Wild. I think they are more expensive than 4health but in the same range.

I like to feed Acana, Orijen, and some of Dr. Tim's lines and Victor's lines.

Do you shop online at all? Chewy.com is great, lots of people here use it (myself included)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking to stay in the same price range as 4health?

Some of the first brands that pop into my mind are Earthborn and Taste of the Wild. I think they are more expensive than 4health but in the same range.

I like to feed Acana, Orijen, and some of Dr. Tim's lines and Victor's lines.

Do you shop online at all? Chewy.com is great, lots of people here use it (myself included)
He?s been on Acana but wouldn?t eat it so we switched to 4health. Budget honestly not a major concern but I?d still like to be able to get a large bag of food. I do shop on chewy a lot but I?d like the food to be easily available at multiple places . Say for example on chewy petsmart and maybe pet supplies plus. I?ll take a look at earth born as well as the dr Tim?s and victor (haven?t heard of either. I won?t do the taste of the wild food but I will definitely look at the others :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Some grain free foods I like are Fromm 4 Star, Annamaet, Farmina Grain Free and Farmina Pumpkin, Petkind Tripe dry, and Ziwipeak (super expensive though unless you have a small dog).

Love Chewy.com too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some grain free foods I like are Fromm 4 Star, Annamaet, Farmina Grain Free and Farmina Pumpkin, Petkind Tripe dry, and Ziwipeak (super expensive though unless you have a small dog).

Love Chewy.com too!
Our boy is not small by any means he?s pushing 33 pounds. I?ll take a look at those thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
11,849 Posts
I've been rotating through several versions of Taste of the Wild with my two for several years.

Esther is one of those dogs who could thrive on nearly anything, but Molly gets a dry coat and throws up a lot (usually at about 2 a.m.) on most foods.

They are a hound and a lab, respectively, so they are not particular about taste. But I've fed other dogs that are more picky and they like it well-enough.

In my area, I have 3 places within ten miles that I can buy it. It's typically about $45 for a 30-pound bag (in my market.)

There is no one-best food for all dogs, but that's what works for my dogs and for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts