Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for general information about therapy dog certifications. Does it vary by state? Is there a nationally recognized organization that trains and/or tests? Is there a consistent testing/certification process? Is the CGC relevant, optional, depending on the organization? Are there reputable and fraudulent organizations and what should I look out for?

If there is a good website to refer to, I would appreciate that as well. My search turns up a lot of SD and ESA stuff.

To be specific, I do mean "therapy dog" and not service animal or emotional support animal. This information is for my general knowledge, not for my own animals.

·
Registered
17,932 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I know of at least two nationwide organizations that test and certify therapy dogs, Therapy Dogs International (link given above) and PetPartners https://petpartners.org/ I'm pretty sure there are more, so maybe the easiest way to find out who is in your area is to ask local facilities who they partner with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.