Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dremel Poca's nails but I read about someone on the forum who clips the tips first and then dremels. I like that approach since I think it would make the whole process go faster.

Can anyone recommend a brand of good nail clippers for home use? I've stood in the grooming aisle at the pet store several times and just have no idea which of the many clippers out there are good ones.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mine are the same style as the ones pictured above, but are "Bamboo" brand (red and white). They have been great so far. They have a handy little bottle of styptic powder and a nail file in the handle, too. Very nice.

A bit off topic, but can these types of nail clippers be sharpened when they get dull?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Miller's Forge has some really good ones, though they are a bit more spendy, unless you order from an online pet supply store. I love the Medium sized MF nail trimmer.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I like Millers Forge, they hold up for years and you can get replacement blades for the guillotine style...which I prefer over the scissors style. Scissor type are ok for small dog nails. But I get better control and I think it "squishes" the nail less if you use the guillotine type.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
But I get better control and I think it "squishes" the nail less if you use the guillotine type.
I have always heard the exact opposite!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts