Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another thread a few days ago someone posted about a cookie recipe involving peanut butter, pumpkin, flour & water...I would like to get the proportions, baking time, so I can make these for Ziggy. Thread search didn't help this time, so hoping someone who knows how to make these puppy yummys will see this - thanks!

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
Proportions are kinda free form.... it is more or less 2 cups of flour (i used self-rising flour), 1 cup of canned pumpkin, 4 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 eggs. Dash of salt if desired. The dough should be thick and stiff but able to be rolled out to 1/4 inch thick sheet- slightly stiffer than regular biscuit dough because you want the doggie biscuit to be crunchier/drier than a person's biscuit. Add more flour to the outside as you roll/work the dough just like baking biscuits for people. you can turn them into people food by adding cinnamon and honey :)

Cut into strips about 1 inch by 2 inches or use a cookie cutter for shapes. Bake at about 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes till they have the consistency you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts