Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new, and here purely to see what other dog lovers think of my brand new pup, and my 16 month girl. (I know neither are pure anything)

When we got Emma, we were told she was a husky/beagle mix, but I see no beagle in her. I would say theres some collie in her for sure. Lately we've even been leaning slightly towards some coyote in her blood - the long rough hair on her back, the way she plays and runs she looks like a wild animal, she's always been exceptionally clean.. among other things.
This is Emma -

And this is Caligo - who's just getting to three months old.
I've heard shepherd, husky, rottweiler, and many ridiculous mix guesses while out with her.
The light tan on her IS in the same pattern a rotties would be in... almost.
The family we got her from somehow had no idea what kind of dog she is! Hmmm.....

Thanks in advance for any help!
Sara

·
Registered
301 Posts
on the pup I don't see any rottie in here. She looks more like a shepherd

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I think the first dog is a border collie mix. They often have long coarse hair on their back. They also have a tendency to stare and stalk which I guess could look like a wild animal's behavior to someone not so experience in the breed.

Could also be an aussie mix.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
First one looks like she could definatly have some aussie in her, those ears are SOO aussie.

the second one reminds me of GSD or Corgi.

·
Registered
146 Posts
On the second my first thought was GSD/dashound...lol. But Corgi makes more sense. I thought first had some aussie.

Don't see any rottie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts