Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I wanted to write to see if anyone knows of a reputable breeder in or near NJ, where I could get a wirehaird jackshund. We have one that we got from a shelter, and was looking to get another if possible. We are still looking for one from a shelter or a rescue.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ralph Borriello

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
That's going to be difficult... it can be hard to find a reputable breeder of purebreds in any specific area, let alone a reputable mixed-breed breeder. That's probably a rarer mix, as well. How far would you be wiling to travel? And would you take a purebred wirehaired doxie or a JRT?

Shelter/rescue are probably your best bet, really. Are there dachshund/JRT rescues near you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there are. I just figured I would ask, since someone may know something I was not aware of and could not find.

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
Being that a Jackhund is not an official breed but rather a crossbreed between a dachshund and a "Jack" Russell I don't know if you can reasonably call any person who intentionally breeds them reputable... Being that the definition of reputable is different for everyone.. Personally if I were you I'd stick with rescuing..

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, I've removed your email address, we don't allow the posting of personal information. There is a way that members can email you without giving that out and there is the site Private message system.

Last, I really don't think you're going to find a breeder of that cross that fits the 'reputable' definition held by most most members of this forum (health tests parents, doesn't breed until minimum age of two, takes all dogs produced back if the buyer can't keep them). Unfortunately most mixes are produced by either puppy mills or backyard breeders that are only interested in turning a quick buck. Stick with rescue/shelter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts