Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! I have an Akita, and I'm looking for a 100+ pound friend for him to play with. He's a very friendly and playful dog, but he tends to throw his weight around with smaller dogs, so I was hoping to find another dog roughly his size for him to play with. I'm in the Jessup, MD area, and would be willing to meet at any of the nearby dog parks. Please let me know if you're interested!

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
Can Akitas play with non-akitas :) I'd suggest looking at dog parks etc. for well-socialized Labs and Pits ... both may be tough enough to play with an Akita. A young socialized Rott (or Dobie) might be good, but I'm not sure if adult Rotts will play with larger dogs. I think boxers will play with anyone.

Your Vet might have some ideas of owners that have dogs who need to burn off some energy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions. :) I've tried taking him to dog parks, but he gets so excited that he forgets canine etiquette and just starts charging at the other dogs trying to get them to play, and since he's bigger than just about every other dog there, they get intimidated. That's why I was looking for another dog his size that he could play with, preferably one-on-one, so that he (hopefully) doesn't get quite so frantic in his excitement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts