Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum. My wife and I just lost our beloved Oreo. Our 12 year old Boston Terrier.
We are looking at Cairn Terriers as a possible next dog. We live in Ct. and would like to know if anyone knows of breeders in our vicinity.
Also, would like any feedback on the disposition of the Cairn. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you so much. Gary

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Your Welcome.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

I've met a number of cairns in the DC area and I liked all of them. They're a lot of dog in small package, but that could be said of almost all the terriers, lol. If you had a Boston, you'll probably like and do well with a cairn. though they are different. Bostons are more bubbly to me, cairns are sharper, less bouncy.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not generally a little dog person. That said, I adore cairn terriers. They have SO much personality, the classic terrier that thinks they're a big dog. If I ever got a little dog, it would be a cairn or a miniature schnauzer. My MIL has a little cairn right now who thinks she is a cat and I just love her to pieces. I will say they are not always great with children, but again... sort of a terrier trait in general in my experience. They are just cute, bold, happy little dogs that don't seem overly neurotic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts