Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this would be the place to ask! :) Anyone know of good border collie breeders in Ohio? Who to avoid?
I have a BC right now and she's the love of my life. I would go back and find her breeder but Im not sure they're still breeding, and from everything i've read on here and other forums, it seems like they were a big red flag. ( No questions asked, ad in paper, etc. )
What are some things to avoid when it comes to looking at a breeder? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was going to say that you could go back to the original breeder and if they aren't still breeding they could point you to another reputable breeder but....the second part of your post makes me think maybe you shouldn't do that.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I'm sure some people here will chime in- BC owners on here. Another good option for finding a good breeder is asking on a breed specific forum.
Not in Border Collies. They are so incredibly divided on what makes a reputable breeder. Working people are very loud in their dislike of anyone that doesn't actually prove their dogs on sheep. They are also so incredibly anti-showing it is insane. They also don't like "sport" breeders but are a little more accepting of it. They are ridiculous and over the top. There are many breeders who show who very much still preserve what a Border Collie is. Those people also are creating much better tempered dogs than my whacky cattle working bred thing. :p

To the OP - YES. I know a good breeder in Ohio. I will PM you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts