Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Not a website I'd be looking at to get a puppy. They are a broker site, meaning that people list their puppies on it, the sale is handled through the site, and they take a commission on each puppy sold. Dogs listed there usually come from high volume commercial kennels, or else from people who breed their pets with no thought beyond "boy dog + girl dog = puppies to sell". You should be dealing with the breeder directly, and making sure that the are doing things like titling their breeding dogs in conformation and/or sports, and doing all appropriate health testing for their breed (or breeds, in the case of cross-bred dogs).

Reactions: K9luv and 3GSD4IPO

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
And I don't like dog parks. I don't know about there, but here in the US, they tend to be full of rude or even aggressive dogs and owners who are often either inattentive, don't understand canine body language, or worse yet, know their dog is trouble and take it to the dog park anyway. It's much better to set up doggy playdates with dogs you know are tolerant of puppies, but won't let them get away with any and every thing, or else with other puppies the same age, size, and play style. It goes without saying that any dog be has direct contact with should be fully vaccinated and healthy.

Reactions: K9luv and 3GSD4IPO

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
1,282 Posts
Broker sites like that are usually front for puppy mills. DO NOT buy a puppy from these places. Not only will you be encouraging poor and cruel breeding practices but you will most likely end up with a sick puppy (who will not be as advertised).

Instead, contact legitimate rescues groups and shelters or buy from a reputable breeder (you can check out breed clubs for recommendations). If you don't find the type of breeds you are interested in at your local shelter, look at shelters in counties around you. Generally speaking, the richer the county the more variety of breeds you will see in the shelters.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Local Humane Organizations frequently have puppies.
Breed Rescue Organizations usually have a bit older dogs. Still young, with lots of puppy left in them.
I bet you one half tank of gas that within 25 miles of where you are right now there is a dog or pup you would fall in love with.
A dog or pup just waiting to make you their forever person. They will love you from the moment they feel the touch of your hand until they take their last breath.

Now go prove me wrong. I dare you.

Uncle Foster

·
Registered
Aagon \ Dalmatian
7 Posts
I wouldn't recommend Puppyspot as a site to get a pup from.
We use Good Dog, Puppy finder, and facebook to sell our Dalmatians, so I would start there.

Hope this helps^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts