Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Average chair seat height is 18-20 inches. And she looks at least 4 inches shorter than that. So she looks like she might be close to a foot at the withers, which one source I found noted as the top point of the standard Pom height.

Very cute girl.

Good example of why many of us advocate patience and keeping an eye on shelters/petfinder. :)

(And… bought. I suspect I’m not alone ‘round these parts on having “adopted” substituted for “bought” feel like a cheese grater to the fingertips.)

…15 days.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
A foot is outside the Pom standard :p but it's well-within the range of the average BYB/mill-bred pom, which revert to the larger spitz type. :)

Crossposted to teh GS list as we frequently get folks looking for spitzy rescues.

Cait
Average chair seat height is 18-20 inches. And she looks at least 4 inches shorter than that. So she looks like she might be close to a foot at the withers, which one source I found noted as the top point of the standard Pom height.

Very cute girl.

Good example of why many of us advocate patience and keeping an eye on shelters/petfinder. :)

(And… bought. I suspect I’m not alone ‘round these parts on having “adopted” substituted for “bought” feel like a cheese grater to the fingertips.)

…15 days.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Aaah, okay. Yeah, didn’t see inches listed on the AKC site, so just lazily used the first link from a google search which obviously isn’t very official. ;)

Good to know! Thanks Cait! (And yay, cross-posting for spitzy dogs!)

::throwing in some Mittel Lizzie love while semi-on-the-subject::

A foot is outside the Pom standard :p but it's well-within the range of the average BYB/mill-bred pom, which revert to the larger spitz type. :)

Crossposted to teh GS list as we frequently get folks looking for spitzy rescues.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well we just got home from the vets for our pom's nine week checkup. I had mentioned that I was afraid she was too big and they laughed and said that the poms they see come in are usually not the 3-7 pound range. Our vet said ours should be under ten pounds which is fine for us. Anyway, I am getting off the subject. You guys don't think she if full blooded?

I meant do you think this dog is full blooded?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Is she the one in your signature/avatar? She's super cute, but doesn't look anything like the purebred Pom my mom used to own....

But I'm no expert. ;)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was just checking petfinder looking for a poodle for a friend of my mom's. I found the 2 most gorgeous Goldendoodles I have ever seen. I am not normally a huge doodle fan, but I would have taken these 2 in a second.

nikelodeon- The dog in her sig is her other dog, not the pom.

OP- The petfinder dog could very well be a mix, or just a poorly bred pom. Are you thinking of adopting him/her?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Very cute pom! Hopefully she'll find a forever home too...there are SO many great dogs in shelters out there!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

Cait
Yep, I have a chihuahua from a puppymill and he's the biggest chihuahua I've ever seen, he's about 9lbs with the standard being 6 maximum. I love my big chi though!:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts