Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it's been a while since I was active here and just wanted to give a little life update!

I'm two semesters into and accelerated masters of occupational therapy program which is kicking my butt, but in a good way. My fiance and I are moving into our new apartment in a few weeks, and I now officially own Gracie (my childhood dog who was technically owned by my parents) and she will be living out her days with me and Oli.

Last year Oli and I did beginner through advanced scentwork and absolutely loved it - this year we've taken a hiatus on classes/competitions due to how busy I am with school, the fact that my fiance and I both got COVID (we're okay!), and just General pandemic craziness. We go hiking on local trails 3-4 times a week, as much as time will allow for, as well as our usual neighborhood strolls in the morning and evening, train in the backyard, and that's about it.

Some may remember I was struggling with managing Grace's arthritis - while she still has a subtle limp and she will have bad days due to weather or if we did a strenuous hike the day before, she is doing just fine. She's an 11 year old 110lb dog, and knock on wood, is in excellent shape. Green lipped mussel powder, a balanced raw diet, bone broth, and frequent exercise has kept her in tip top shape. Last fall she hiked two 4k mountains in New Hampshire with me and we went on a 4 day backpacking trip putting in nearly 60 miles by the end. This year has been more low-key and she has slowed down some, but I still hope to get her back to the White Mountains before summer hits.

And that's pretty much it! Here are some pictures! Hello to new members and old friends, I hope you all are safe and happy and healthy.

·
Super Moderator
12,160 Posts
Of course I remember you. Welcome back.

Sometimes a little time off is good for us.

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
I'm so glad Gracie and Oli are well! And how great that you are out in nature a lot!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course I remember you. Welcome back.

Sometimes a little time off is good for us.
Thank you! Yes, a little break can certainly be beneficial.

I'm so glad Gracie and Oli are well! And how great that you are out in nature a lot!
Thanks! I'm very thankful to have many nice trails to choose from just a few minutes' drive away. Online school and being stuck inside all day can be brutal and getting to walk around in the woods with the dogs for an hour or so at the beginning or end of the day is a treasured solace. I hope all is well with you and Brae as well!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, welcome back. Can you post which green-lipped mussel powder you're finding effective please?
Yes, it's "Joint Power" by Super Snouts and I get it on Chewy or Amazon depending who has the better price when I need to restock. Amazon has a two pack that is usually a better deal. The container is small, but they don't need a lot. One 2.64oz jar lasts my 125lbs of dogs over a month. I've tried countless joint supplements, CBD, Adequan, even prescription NSAIDs and this is what has made the most noteable difference, for us. I experimentally took her off of it for a week and I will not be doing that again. Every dog is different of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts