Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, is it okay to feed my little dog other, "general" Wellness formulas?

She's only about 4 pounds.

They have all kinds of Wellness formulas - Super5Mix, Chicken Mix, stuff like that. But they don't have the formula for small dogs.

Would it be all right to feed her the stuff for, persumably, "big dogs"? What kind of stuff is in the small dog mix that makes it more suitable for small dogs than their other formulas?

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Things like Super5Mix should be absolutely fine... typically the only real difference in "small breed formula" is kibble size.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes, it should be fine to use the other flavors/formulas of Wellness. Actually, the Small Breed version of Wellness has a higher protein/fat content than the regular Wellness formulas. Other ingredients may be a little different as well, I'm not sure. But, like I said any of the Wellness foods would be okay to use. They are not all life stage formulas, but any of the adult formulas will be alright. In fact, you could also use the puppy version and still be okay. I hope this makes sense, it's getting late for me lol! Good luck!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks! I'll definitely start her on one of the adult Wellness formulas when her current food runs out. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts