Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a puppy mill that was busted in the county that borders the county where I live. This is the second one in this area in the last 6 months. All of these poor little dogs are at my local Animal Control and they are so sweet and so sad (and very tiny little guys).

http://www.newsherald.com/news/busted_73645___article.html/mill_puppy.html

If I hadn't of just got my new puppy I would be adopting one of these guys. I am going to try to take a couple to foster once they have all been checked out by the vet good.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The county is still trying to get custody of all the dogs because the lady will not give them up. She is wanting her day in court to try to get ALL of her animals back. It said in the paper this morning that one of the dogs had puppies yesturday, so I guess the number of dogs is still growing. Now there is over 90 at animal control.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
From the discription of the conditions she won't be getting ANYTHING back and will most likely have all the animals siezed from her. Wish I were close, I'd certainly foster some of the expectant mothers!!!!

Of course they can't put anything into foster until they officially have custody of the animals, if you have have time I'm sure they need volunteers to help care for all those dogs.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am planning on fostering some of the expecting mothers, I think they are hoping to adopt them out before the babies come so they are only letting them leave (to foster homes)once the babies are born. Considering that they have been running distemper down there I think it is a bad decision to let puppies be born there, but I don't get to make the call.

They are such cute little dogs ("little" being the key word here). I guess these are the tea cup sized dogs because my havanese is considered a toy breed and she is only 10 weeks old (about 3.5lbs) and is as big as some of these adult dogs.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Well, I believe the breed standard is no more than 6 lbs, most show dogs are around 3.5-4 lbs. Teacups are generally under two lbs, far too smal;l to even breed naturally and run a HIGH risk of needing C-sections as they often only have one or two pups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts